“Non-Personal Data” means information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you use the Site.
“Personal Data” means information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that enables us to identify or contact you to carry out our mission and business purposes.
“Site” means this leadcareillinois.org website and related mobile websites, microsites, mobile applications, and Program social media sites and any other digital services and platforms officially operated or used by Elevate Energy.
“User” means all users of the Site.
“You” and “your” mean you as a user of the Site.
“We”, “our” and “us” means Elevate Energy, an Illinois not-for-profit organization.
Types of Data We Collect
We collect information that enables us to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to administer LeadCare Illinois programs and services. We collect this information for a variety of business reasons, including but not limited to, applying for products and services, registering for a LeadCare Illinois event or program, or otherwise interacting with us.
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- General data (e.g., names, home and business addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol addresses and business or personal telephone numbers that are provided by you
- Professional data (e.g., day care license number)
- Other identification information (e.g., photographs)
- Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation and disability data) for diversity or accessibility purposes
We collect information that does not directly identify you as you use the Site interact with our Sites (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- Site usage (e.g., browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, time on Site)
- Information and services viewed
- Computer type, operating system and platform type
- Internet service provider
How We Use Your Data
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data (sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data) in many ways including, but not limited to:
- Identify you when you visit the Site
- Provide service communications such as confirmations, program registrations and customer service messages
- Provide information and services you request, or that we believe you may be interested in, including information about other programs and services that Elevate Energy offers in addition to LeadCare Illinois
- Respond to your emails or online requests for services or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Site
- Fulfill and/or deliver services
We use Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of the Site and for other business reasons. Please note that, when you select a link to a third-party site that is not operated by Elevate Energy, you may be subject to the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
How We Share Your Data
We share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- Share data with third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions. For example, Elevate Energy contracts with third parties to provide services on our behalf such as data hosting services; packaging, mailing and delivering services, customer support and consulting services, and event registration services.
- Share data with third parties as required by law or to protect Elevate Energy in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on Elevate Energy; (b) protect and defend Elevate Energy’s rights or property; or (c) protect the personal safety of Elevate Energy personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
- Share data with third parties to offer you services that may be of interest to you (e.g., programs and services). Users can request their information to be removed from such lists by contacting us, as set forth in the “Contact Information” section below.
- Share your email address, but only as follows:
Your email address will be used only by Elevate Energy, its funders and other organizations Elevate Energy works with to offer programs and services to you. Elevate Energy does not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside our organization, nor does Elevate Energy share email addresses to unrelated third-party organizations. Elevate Energy also shares your email address with third parties to enable us to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. We also share email addresses with third parties as necessary to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
How You Can Manage the Processing of Your Data
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of email by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
Our processing of your data is based upon your consent, our legitimate interest in administering LeadCare Illinois, or compliance with law. You have the right to object to our processing of your data or to restrict our processing of your data. In addition, if you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
California Privacy Rights
LeadCare Illinois is not available to persons outside of the State of Illinois. California residents who provide personal information (as defined in California’s "Shine the Light" law) are entitled to request and obtain from us, once a calendar year, information about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared such personal information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in the current year will receive information about the prior year). To obtain this information please write to us at: Elevate Energy, 322 S. Green Street, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60607, Attn: LeadCare Illinois - California Privacy Law. Please include your full name and address.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from or contact children under the age of 13.
How We Protect Personal Data
User ID and Password
Certain areas of the Site require the use of a user ID, email address, or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your Personal Data. To help you protect your privacy, the Site has tools to help you log in and log out.
Linking to Other Internet Sites
How You Can Access, Change and Delete Your Personal Data
Cookies and Other Web Devices
Transmission of Data to Other Countries
Your Personal Data is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your data. By submitting your Personal Data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
Right to Complain to Supervisory Authority
You, as the data subject, have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your Personal Data does not comply with legal requirements.
In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, US mail, telephone or other means as permitted by law.
If you have questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices or if you wish to change, access, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us as indicated below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy related information.
322 S. Green Street, Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60607
312-300-7074 or info@LeadCareIllinois.org
Effective Date: December 18, 2020